Sunday, October 9, 2011

On the Road to Dandi (Addendum)

     Hope and I just returned from a long walk on the Fern Ridge Bike Path. We walked from our apartment on Bailey Hill Road to Meadowlark Park, a round trip distance of just over nine miles.  While I was walking it occurred to me how good it's been to breathe in fresh air. The act of taking a daily walk has kept me from sequestering myself inside. I've never really stopped to think about how little time I spent outside. Getting outside and exercising improves not only my physical well-being, but, perhaps more importantly, my mental health. Several years ago, I was diagnosed with SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). Now, as we quickly move into the time of year that has traditionally been my hardest, when the sun disappears, I feel that walking and breathing in the fresh air will help me to do more than just "hang on" until Spring.

                                                         

                                                          Gandhi on the road to Dandi




                          













No comments:

Post a Comment